Books: 2009 in review
January 18, 2010 | 2009,Books,Stephen King,Stieg Larsson
Here’s what I read in 2009.
- Involuntary Joy: A Story of Unexpected Rebirth by Joy M. Newcom [I applied for a job at the local college. When I saw that the person doing the hiring was a published author, I read her book. This one. I didn’t even get an interview. Too bad. It would have been interesting to talk to her about the book.]
- Duma Key by Stephen King
- In Cod We Trust by Eric Dregni
- Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates
- Growing up Country: Memories of an Iowa Farm Girl by Carol Bodensteiner (her blog is Just Walking This Earth
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
- Bellbina, Queen of Weed Park by Laura Juszczyk
- A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick
- The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power by Jeff Sharlet
- The Girl who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
- The Night Listener: A Novel by Armistead Maupin
- Zillah’s Gift by Lois West Duffy
- Lights on a Ground of Darkness by Ted Kooser
- The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
- She taught me to eat Artichokes by Mary Kay Shanley
- The Memory Box by Mary Kay Shanley
- The First Paper Girl in Red Oak, Iowa by Elizabeth Stuckey-French
Books I haven’t read yet but should.
Any other suggestions?