Hmmmm? What to write?
January 6, 2008 | Politics
When Becky sent out the word for guest posters I gladly accepted and started pondering what I would write about. But before I get to that, allow me to introduce myself, I’m Kemp of Kemp’s Blog (I know, imaginative title isn’t it) and The BushWhacked Administration (as well as Draft Day Suit and The Blogfathers) and Becky is what I call one of my ‘blogmigos’. We met through a mutual blogmigo who, like Becky and I, has twins.
Rather than posisbly upsetting the applecart with my political views, which you can see HERE, I thought I would play it closer to the vest, and thus safer, and present my Top Political Quotes from 2007. The reason is multi-faceted; it won’t upset anyone, it’s not neccessarily partisan, and it is, quite simply, easy.
Is that a cop-out? Perhaps.
Is it entertaining? Absolutely.
So without any further ado, enjoy:
- “Put your big-girl panties on.” – Education Secretary Margaret Spellings’ advice to deputy White House press secretary Dana Perino, who replaced Tony Snow as White House press secretary (Meowwwww
- “Think about it. Rudy Giuliani. There’s… there’s only three things he mentions in a sentence: a noun, a verb and 9/11. I mean there’s nothing else.” – former Democratic presidential contender Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware (very nice Mr. Biden. Unfortunately you also said this this past year:)
- “You got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.” Sen. Joseph Biden (D-DE) on Barack Obama
- “Um, no.” – Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, on whether he misses President Bush (Ouch… not words you want to hear from your one-time BFF)
- “Dumb as hell.” –President Richard Nixon, on tape, talking about Fred Thompson (Being called dumb by Nixon? That’s gotta hoit)
- “It was an unidentified flying object, OK? It’s, like, it’s unidentified.” Rep. Dennis Kucinich on his UFO sighting (do I really need to say anything else?)
- “I don’t recall.” Former U.S. Attorney General and Bush(whacked) Administration Albatross Alberto Gonzales
- “I’m not going to get into a name-calling match with somebody (Vice President Dick Cheney) who has a 9% approval rating.” – Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (Ouch)
- “I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history.” – Former President Jimmy Carter (pretty hard to argue with that…)
- “(I have) a wide stance when going to the bathroom.” Senator Larry Craig trying to explain why his foot touched the foot of an undercover police officer in an airport men’s room known for gay pick-ups (Gonna take me another 2 weeks to get that image out of my head…)
- “I would not refuse to meet Barry Manilow.” – Mitt Romney. (Reason enough to not vote for him…)
- “You never point your gun at the carcass of a dead animal.” — Mike Huckabee. (Um, good safety tip, thanks Egon)
- “And there is distrust in Washington. I am surprised, frankly, at the amount of distrust that exists in this town. And I’m sorry it’s the case, and I’ll work hard to try to elevate it.” – “President” George W. Bush (I think it speaks for itself, doesn’t it?)
Hope you enjoyed these